Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Exceedingly Abundantly

I have been on a quest to memorize 21 Bible verses this year. I add an additional verse on the first and fifteenth of each month. I had one ready for April 1st , however, I never added it to my blog.

My April 1st verse is Ephesian 3:20-21:

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.


Think on that for a minute. He is able to do "exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us". Wow! All of those prayer requests that we have... that we lift to Him? Exceedingly abundantly! The desires we have in our hearts to change? Exceedingly abundantly! The salvation of our loved ones? Exceedingly abundantly! And then it goes on to say that it is according to the power that works in us! It's already there. He gave us the power in the Holy Spirit! Exceedingly abundantly! We have no cause for fear! We have no cause for dismay! We have no cause for trepidation! We have Exceedingly abundantly! It is ALL TO THE GLORY OF HIS NAME! That is why He gives us exceedingly abundantly... so that is all to the glory of HIS name! This is available to all generations, forever and ever!

When I consider my sin, it often causes me to stumble. To go down in to the pit and wallow in self-pity, self-defeat, sorrow, and helplessness. Why would I want to stay there when I can have exceedingly abundantly? Then, I remember Jesus on the cross. Living a holy perfect blameless life only to sacrifice Himself up on the cross of a criminal - the worst torturous death imaginable. My cross. He left heaven and perfect communion with His Father to live in an imperfect world to die a death that wasn't His to die so that I could live a life forever with Him. It inspires me to live exceedingly abundantly.

No comments: