Thursday, July 2, 2009

Psalm 9:10

Psalm 9:10
And those who know Your Name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Not only has God been teaching me obedience, but in the journey He's also teaching me to trust Him. I've said before in my blog that God is making it very clear to me that I am supposed to do that which He is asking of me. It became clear to me in about mid-March that the LORD was planning for me to stay home with my boys this fall. I am a teacher by trade, and truly enjoy teaching, however, it was always my desire to stay home with my boys. Due to some circumstances over the past two years, mostly undesirable circumstances, God was calling me home. Home to my family, my sons. The ones I waited so long for, He wanted me to stay home... to train them up in the way that they should go. Who better to teach them, their mom.

With this decision has been much angst. The idea of losing my income has brought about much stress and anxiety. Not only are we losing my income (2/3 of our family income), but also the health insurance that I carry for myself and the boys. However, after speaking to many godly women, many of whom who have gone through the same situation, we have come to the conclusion that I'm supposed to stay home. My hubby and I have gone through MANY conversations about what this is going to take. THIS IS HUGE... it is something that only GOD can accomplish. My hubby, being the practical one (although, I often wear the practical pants, myself) has said more than once... this isn't practical... it is foolish to be without health insurance... it is foolish for us to do this. God quickly brought to my mind --- "If I AM calling you to this obedience... it is not foolishness. I AM will provide." He has reminded me of that more than once. Thankfully, the last time my hubby and I had this conversation was last Saturday. I reminded him again, that obeying God is not foolish. It may not make sense to us... however, it is NOT foolishness. That Sunday morning we sat in Bible Study, under yet another "made for me" study given by our awesome Bible Study leader, after talking about Jesus feeding the 5,000 (which was actually estimated to be between 15-20,000 when you include women and children), wrote this on the board --- practical doesn't equal faith. The point being that when we look for things that are practical we have a hard time stepping out on faith and trusting God for who HE is. He is the great I AM, Jehovah Jireh, the Most High.

As I struggle with the enormity of this decision and I question if this is REALLY what God wants me to do I pray for encouragement... that the Lord would make it known to me again what He wants me to do. He immediately allows me to experience His grace through email devotionals that spell out clearly His request, or sends a phone call from a trusted encouraging friend my way. I am humbled that my God would be so intimate with me to give me such a clear message.

All of this being said to bring to light my new memory verse for this go round. David, the psalmist, spoke of trusting in the LORD. He declares that the LORD will not forsake those who seek Him. So simply it reminds me to trust and seek with the promise, that I will not be forsaken, forgotten, abandoned. And so, I declare boldly:

Psalm 9:10
And those who know Your Name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm still praying, dear friend... and I'm confident He will answer... b/c where He calls us, He will lead. And He will provide... every time. He's a God of miracles, after all!

(My most recent proof --- Brusters is "coming soon" to my neighborhood. Now THAT'S an answer to prayer :) Hee hee.