Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1000 Gifts: How quickly I forget

Yep, we are experiencing the adventures of an active boy ... again! You'd think I'd remember this since this is my third boy.  The mischief that they find... things for a mom the years seem to allow to fade away, until of course, it happens all over again. 

So here my list continues... today scattered with all the things a momma forgets as her little ones mature.

761-782

~dirt piles on the floor from potted plants
~toilet paper unraveled in a heap under the holder
~underwear that once was folded and in drawers - strewn everywhere
~the box of duplo blocks that was just picked up - now all over the floor- again
~the need for a bath after every meal because somehow food gets in hair
~my bathroom drawer open and hair brushes out
~splashes of water on the toilet seat - praying that my older ones flushed before hand
~chewed grass
~chewed books
~chewed everything
~clothes folded neatly in a laundry basket - no longer folded neatly
~splashes of water all over the floor of the bathroom after a bath
~food around his chair at meal's end... oh how I miss having a dog!
~cheerios stuck to every body part exposed
~retrieving my sweet one from nursery at church, watching him play sweetly until he spots me then seeing him bursting into tears
~the coffee table being cleared of various items - you guessed it... on the floor
~the chase to the electrical outlets
~grocery bags removed from their space
~drinking from bottles that have nothing in them
~magnets that started out on the fridge
~getting into the crayon drawer and finding a snack
~watching my little one grow and explore - even though it may mean another mess needs cleaning
... for these and so many other things I am thankful - and so the counting continues.



















(sorry some of the pictures a blurry - I just had to include them )

3 comments:

Erin said...

Gretchen, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yep, I would definitely say your word for the day is "scatterd!!" I remember when I had 6 little ones at home all scattering at the same time! Whew. But I'm grateful for every minute of it!
I'm going to follow your blog!
Blessings,
~Erin
www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

Christina said...

What an explorer! I have two boys--your list made me smile:) Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Oh, i remember that stage... all too well! And I gotta tell you.. I've really enjoyed my potted plants IN their pots these past couple years :)

Can't believe your little man is not-so-little anymore! Where DOES the time go?! Hope you're having a delightful week-- at least you're getting a tidier house in the process... with all the picking up you're having to do!

Much love,
me