Sunday, May 3, 2009

Next Verse

I know that it has been at least 15 days since my last post. That's a really long time. I want to try to get better at posting more regularly, however, so much has been going on. My head is once again swirling with the things that are going on around me. Actually, maybe I've never stopped. So that being said, my next verse to memorize is Phillipians 4:6-7. This verse is important to me at this moment in time so that I remember to leave my worries, my "what ifs" at the foot of the cross. My Father is faithful to take care of my anxieties. He is so much better equipped to do so. He is God Almighty. He owns everything. He has control over everything. I just need to do what the Scripture says. Easier said than done. Hopefully, committing this verse to memory and meditating on it will make it more readily applicable in my daily life.

Phillipians 4 : 6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


No comments: