Monday, September 21, 2009

1000 Gifts: A new beginning

It was a crazy morning.  It started out great... with my quiet time - praying over my family, my husband, our schooling, and just our day in general, then Bible study... finishing up Hebrews chapter 12 ... ironically, (but not so), being encouraged by keeping up with the life race that I'm running... and then life started.  I yelled, really yelled, lost my temper at one of my boys.  Immediately, my tears flowed. Warm streams down my face and the echoing of my words rang in my ears over and over.  It wouldn't stop.  I asked for his forgiveness - but still felt/feel so defeated - remembering that I am sowing seeds that will be producing more than I have sown.  I have been granted forgiveness - however, the seeds are still sown. I am weak in my defeated state.  The easy thing would be to wallow in self-pity and acknowledge my weakness over and over, however, we are called to claim the strength provided only by Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ to accomplish what He has set before us.  It is not of my strength that I can do anything... only by His alone... for when I am weak, then am I strong. What is the best way to remember that I am weak and He is strong?   To praise Him of course... and be thankful for His best gifts. To be reminded regularly that nothing that I have comes from my hand.

I set out on a new journey, one of thankfulness. Praising my Father for His works, gifts, and mercies toward me.  Praising Him for the little things in everyday... where I notice His hand, molding, crafting, and shaping me and those I love.  Here I begin my journey of multitude Monday... posting 1000 gifts chronicled in photo and word... to remember all that I have, for which I am truly grateful!

Thanks Ann and Heather - for encouraging me to remember my Multitude of blessings.






0001.   The gift of Scripture, living and active, sharper than any two-edge sword.




0002.   

the last few blooms of summer hanging on


 

0003.  a boy and his rendering of familiar bridge tunnels




 

0004.  an historic red barn withstanding time

 

0005.  a fun loving mate who blesses me daily with his laugh

 

0006.  the reckless abandoned of a 2 1/2 year old boy - ready to conquer anything




0007.  the anticipation of finding some treasure unseen by grown up eyes

 

0008.  an opportunity to see things slightly differently

 

0009.  a few moments of peace and quiet

 
0010.  the kindred spirit of a sweet sister


and the list goes on.....


 

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love it, my friend! You've got a wonderful list of gifts there-- thanks for sharing each and every one. And you're absolutely right--> foucing on His goodness is exactly what we need to be doing every single day. It truly makes all the difference!

Missing you all terribly,
me