Thursday, September 17, 2009

A child of the ONE

Yesterday I was having one of THOSE days.  You know the kind... just kind of down in the dumps, not feeling good about myself, wishing I was as talented as (fill in the blank) days.  During a quick chat with my sister I even shed a few tears during my pity party.  Just feeling lost I pushed on through my day until the next activity took over, and I was swept up in the preparation for it.  I had all but pushed the ideas and feelings back into my head - in an attempt to not confront them.  You know, push them down for a while until the feelings rear their ugly heads once again. 

This morning in my quiet time God gently reminded me how precious I am to Him.  It astonished me that He would speak to me so readily.  The GOD of the UNIVERSE... you know, the ONE who created EVERYTHING with a spoken word... except for man whom He formed with His own hands.  The ONE who parted the Red Sea to let His children walk across on dry ground. The ONE who enabled a shepherd boy to slay a giant with one stone from a riverbed. The ONE who saved Noah and his family because of their faithfulness.  The ONE who promised a child to a couple well advanced in years and it came to pass in Isaac. The ONE who sent His only Son into the world as an infant, to lead a perfect life and be the sacrifice for this one and so many others that I might have relationship with the ONE.  I am precious to Him.  He desires relationship with me. 

One of my most recent Bible memory verses was:
How precious are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.     Ps 139:17-18.

Obviously, I may need to take to heart and meditate on that one a little more. :)

Thank You God, that You desire a relationship with me.  I am not worthy, but Jesus is.  It is through Him that I come before You.  Help me to remember that I am precious in Your sight, and that is the only thing that is important.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the new layout... and love you, too!

Have a super time in Wburg and give big hugs to all~