Saturday, October 24, 2009

Healing the Hurts

This weekend I started a journey.  I attended a retreat for women entitled Healing the Hurts.  It entailed confronting hurts from your past and wrong thoughts and judgements about self, others, and God.

What a weekend!  I felt as if drinking from a fire hose.  There was so much information and all of it was good and beneficial.  When one has an infected wound and it has not been taken care of it festers and affects other areas of the body.  To get rid of the wound one must clean it out before the true healing can begin.  This weekend was the beginning of the cleaning out process.  I have a lot of junk and there's a lot of cleaning that's needing to be done.  But, oh my!  The LORD was so sweet to me.  He showed me how He was with me from my beginning.  He healed me and gave me a choice of life or death, blessing or cursing.  I choose LIFE! I choose BLESSING... for me and my children and my children's children. 

I need to confess - this journey is NOT easy. But necessary.  It is VITAL to my freedom in Jesus.  Not that my sins hadn't all been taken care of on the cross of Jesus almost 2000 years ago, but I need to confess my sins before holy God acknowledging that HE. IS. HOLY!  That I had sinned against HIM by having incorrect thoughts and judgements of myself, others, and Him.

I praise Him for what He has started and am confident that HE will see through to completion the good work that HE has started in me,  confident that these blessings will flow down to my children and their children.  Not because I say it, but because HE PROMISES IT! To God be the GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!


Deuteronomy 30:19-20

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for HE is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.



Bring it LORD JESUS!




1 comment:

amy said...

what an exciting journey! and scary, and overwhelming, and liberating, all at the same time! praying for you, my friend.