Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1000 Gifts: Welcoming New Life

Psalm 139: 14-18


 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.
  My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
  your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book
       before one of them came to be.
  How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
       How vast is the sum of them!
  Were I to count them,
       they would outnumber the grains of sand.   

531. The pains of labor growing stronger - new life on the way.

532.  A trip to a mountain park - to walk, to climb, to wear boys out

533.  A gramma to come and care for soon-to-be big brothers late on a Saturday evening.

534.  A friend showing up at the hospital right behind us to encourage me through the necessary pain of labor









535.  Our child's desire to enter the world in a hurry!
 
536.  A healthy boy - brand new pink skin, open eyes, a sweet face - a new name






537.  Late night visits at the hospital from family and friends who rushed in to see God's most recent blessing


538.  God's humbling blessing of provision - meals and visits from friends showering His love on us

539.  Coming home
540.   Love from brothers eager to see their new sibling 

541.  Family - once four members, now five  - God's surprises never ending.


For these and so many other blessings, I give thanks!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wowza! Another baby boy... another miraculous gift! He's a beauty, G (or shall I call him a 'beau'? I wouldn't want to insult the newest little addition with such gushy talk :)

Can't wait to watch him grow-- though don't let him do so too quickly! See if this go round you can figure out how to freeze time and cherish these itty bitty days forever!

Much love to all, and giant kisses for little man,
me