Monday, February 7, 2011

1000 Gifts: A Peek at Spring

Just last time I posted my counting of countless blessings I entitled the post In the Bleak Midwinter.  The Lord knew I needed a peak at spring.  So last week on Tuesday after I posted Monday He generously gave me a taste of the spring to come.


Continually counting the blessings....
671. - 690.


~ 54 degree days on the first of February


~stealing away to a park and away from school for a bit


~ homeschool mommy socialization time


~delicate blooms poking through dormancy












~belly laughs of infancy


~a 6 year old reader


~"Mom will you sit with me?"


~"Mom, how come they love me so much?" - said by a 4 year old of friends


~the calming of praise the KING when worries creep in


~Words so true:  We will remember by Tommy Walker 




~hot cocoa


~ boy faces




~ quiet time alone with the Lord while boys play in the background


~library books


~ birthday parties


~ encouragement


~ a regular call from my sister just to chat


~ a book donated so that I may become more acquainted with GRACE


~the blog originally beginning the journey of 1000 Gifts


~ enjoying the community of those who are counting their graces with me


there are so many more than 1000... won't you join the counting?






2 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, the crocus... the harbinger of spring. How I love them so!! Unfortunately, none have poked their stubborn little heads up through the dirt just yet (and quite frankly, I don't blame them!), but I know they're on their way!

Hope you guys have a super week! A head-cold descended my way today-- oh, how I'm ready for spring!!

amy said...

great things, my friend. i love the 4yr old question. =)