Monday, February 16, 2009

My Problem

I'm having a problem. My problem is obedience. At first thought, anyone reading this who knows me may be thinking that my problem with obedience is with my boys. Not so in this instance. My problem with obedience is with me.

In the past few weeks the Lord has really opened my eyes to my disobedience and how it affects our relationship. Many times the Lord gently reminds me of my disobedience by the things I hear myself say to my children during times of their disobedience. He allows my voice to ring in my mind after the words have been released into space for all to hear. Then, just as gently, He whispers and says, "Do you hear what you are saying? I feel the same way. If you would just do what I ask you the first time, things would be a lot easier. If you would trust ME to do a work in you, the blessings would be innumerable, and your life would be better, just because you decided to obey ME. "

So now, my quest is not just to stay in the Word and in a closer relationship with my Heavenly Father, but also, to strive to obey Him, whatever the cost. The cost of obedience maybe high at times, but it is NOTHING compared to the price paid for me on the cross.

I Samuel 15:22 - Then Samuel said, "Has the LORD as great a delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams. "

1 comment:

Heather said...

I feel your struggle, my friend. Just the other morning I stumbled across this verse and it about tore me up:

Luke 9:62: Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

The author's note in my study-- Be committed to the journey, for the person who puts his hand to the plow and then looks back is not worthy.

Harsh words! Yet true words.... "very early in the morning, while it was still dark..."

love you g :)