Sunday, March 15, 2009

My new memory verse

The verses that continue to confront me definitely convict me in the area of teaching my children the way of the Lord. This verse especially ties in how vital it is for me to know and be in the WORD so that I can use it and live by it - so that all around me may know it - not only by the way I live - but by hearing it from me. My prayer is that I not only memorize the verse and meditate on it, but also that I MAY LIVE IT DAILY UNTIL THE LORD COMES!

Deuteronomy 11: 18-21
Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down and when you rise up. And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth.

No comments: