Saturday, August 1, 2009

Today's verse - Right on Time

It seems, now, that I am only posting during my memory verse times... summer has been so busy - so busy, in fact, that it is close to over. We are closer to the end than we are to the beginning... a definite sorrow fills my heart, as summer is my favorite season - just because I am (make that WAS) a teacher.

The verses this time around go so well together. They are what I truly need at this point as I have given up one road for another. The direction of the new road is not easily seen at this time. But, as our Bible Study teacher reminded us on Sunday... if you are going through a period where the turns on life's road are unable to be seen just trust that your Heavenly Father has wherever that road leads in the palm of HIS Hands. He is holding up that road and directing it. Sometimes that's a whole lot harder to live out. But in the times that I want to give up and go back to my comfortable life of trusting in my own strength and doing what I've done for the last ten years, I will stop and remember this:

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me,
Your consolations delight my soul.
Psalm 94:19

I will cry to God Most High,
To God who accomplishes all things for me.
Psalm 57:2

No comments: