Monday, May 10, 2010

Am I that Sweet???

Last week my BFF, Heather, nominated me for the Sugar Doll Award, an award for bloggers who make the lives of others sweeter.  So Heather over at Goggles and Grace - one of the blogs I check daily, didn't just nominate me but chose me for this fun award.


This award does have some stipulation with it.  The rules are as follows:

1. You must thank the person who gave you the award.

2. Name five bloggers who make your life a little sweeter.

3.  Tell why you were given this award.

4.  Tell the nominees why you are giving them this award.


So here goes.

Thanks, Heather - you have been with me through thick and thin for over 10 years now... we have almost gone through it all together.  Joys, laughter, struggles, tears... God has definitely blessed me with a friend who is as close as a sister.  She is my sister in Christ, and there is nothing that can separate that, right? Now, if you would only move back this way. :)

I was given this award - I think just because I'm best friends with Heather - she was the one who encouraged me to start blogging.  I really didn't think that anyone would really care to read any of my stuff.  So I looked at blogging as an online journal of my life... to celebrate joys, work through difficulties, and conquer challenges - so that when trouble comes, I can look back at God's faithfulness in bringing me through.  He is always faithful.  Seeing the memorial stones set up by way of blogging gives me courage and strength and joy for the journey.

I, like my friend, Heather, am only going to nominate one person for this award... my time is very limited.  Because it is precious, I have only a few blogs that I read daily...so this chosey blog reader is going to give this award to my other favorite blog.

My other close friend, Amy, at The Lemonade Stand, is witty, artsy, and just says it like it is.  I love her humor - she really needs to write a book about all of the simple things in life... cuz she could cause you to have daily cramps in your side just from reading her material.  She blogs about family,  school stuff from her daughter, and life.  Her blog is one of my staples. Always good for a laugh, her blog is full of instruction on how to handle life's little irritations.

The awesome thing about Amy is that she is also my sister in Christ.  Again - inseparable just because of the love of a Savior.  I love how God does that - He takes strangers, makes them friends, and then knits them together even closer to be sisters.  Awesome!

So Amy, thanks for making my life sweeter - and always giving me a reason to smile.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day, G... a wee bit late :) Hope you had a fabulous day... a *restful* day... a day in the sun with your precious people!

Missing you, per usual... love, me