Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BRRRRR!

The leaves are all but gone from our trees - which is evidenced by our yard even after we raked last weekend. Somehow several of them showed up again, thanks to our neighbor's big sycamore tree. The weather has turned quite brisk, especially today. Today was the kind of day where your cheeks turn rosy red and your nose decides to drip after being out in the cold air for an extended length of time. The wind makes it feel like the temperature is actually 15 degrees colder than it really is. The fact the sun is set by 4:30 in the afternoon doesn't make it any warmer.

Knowing all of this my boys decided they wanted to play outside this afternoon after I picked them up. Cabin fever had finally got the best of them and they couldn't stand it anymore. As soon as we arrived home I grabbed hats for both of them and warned them that if they came off we would go inside. I had not one problem with a hat coming off. We played soccer and hide and seek for as long as the light would allow. We only got to play for a brief 25 minutes - but some was better than nothing. There is just something about being outside in the fresh air that helps boys - but especially my boys - expend their energy. It was fun. I couldn't get any pictures because the camera wouldn't focus due to lack of adequate light. That's what I get for living in the eastern US.

No comments: