Monday, September 29, 2008

FIREPROOF



Jeremy and I just returned from a long overdue date. We went to go see one of the best movies we've seen in a long time. We saw Fireproof. It was a story of Caleb, a captain in the fire department (Kirk Cameron), whose marriage is falling apart at the seams. His wife says she wants out. He all but gives it to her until his father challenges him to the Love Dare. The challenge is to do one thing for your spouse each day. The key is to do it 100% even if your spouse isn't returning the love or respect.

Caleb gets to day 23 and almost gives up. Finally, realizing, with the help of his earthly father that he can't give the love his wife needs because he doesn't have a relationship with his heavenly Father, he begins to change and chooses to love even if it's not returned.

I won't go on and give away the end - just in case you plan on seeing it. It really was great. I plan on buying it - when it comes out on DVD.

Make sure you take tissues. I cried through a good portion of the movie - which doesn't mean a lot seeing as I cry at the drop of a hat - however, I heard Jeremy sniffling too every once in a while. I think it's manly when they cry.

Anyway - go see it. Support the Kendrick brothers who wrote the movie, and stand up for movies that are pro-family - in more ways than one.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad you liked it... my friend from church previewed it over the summer and raved about it-- we'll have to make it happen here!