Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Only 179 days left


My [daughter], if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you, So that you incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, And the find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly;
He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints.
Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity and every good path.
Proverbs 2: 1-9

This was from my Bible study this morning. God really used it to speak to me. It's what I desire. What I long for.


A new countdown has begun. It seems as though I spend my life counting down. But when you are a teacher at a school with boys at home that you would love to be with, of course, you count down. I made it through my first day of preschool, again. It's beginning to seem like the movie Groundhog Day. Every year the class seems to be just a disjointed as the year before. The first day is never a stellar day for me. Don't get me wrong.. today wasn't bad. It was just chaotic. I'm getting too old for chaotic. From kids not knowing what bus they are on, to a child getting off at the wrong school and not being able to tell us his name (not to mention the fact that his parent had not written his name on ANY of his belongings (backpack, lunch box, bus card, etc.)) - it's just getting to be too much. However, my kids are very cute. And this morning was different than others, usually my new little ones cry for a least half the day the very first day. All crying is over by the end of the first week. However, today there was only about 30 seconds of crying. That was it. 30 Seconds. Great! It's a record.

The kids in my class are very cute. I have one girl and nine boys. Yes, that's right, nine boys! So much for diversity. No pink in my home or my classroom. Even if it is always God's will, it's just not happening in my life. Maybe God and I will have to have a discussion about this one. So the day went off without a hitch. It was a pretty good first day.

That being said... there's only 179 days left with kids. Woohoo.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hang in there, G! We're praying for you...