Monday, September 8, 2008

I am washed by the Water


I had another chaotic day today. As my almost two year old stands here and screams because he wants to watch the Wiggles sing "Hot potato" on youtube, I am reminded that even in the midst of my chaos that my God is still good. Even when the trials of life are swarming around me like a category 5 hurricane and I can't seem to catch a breath for all of the whirling circumstances. The Lord is still good. He is completely aware and in control of every circumstance in life. Why should I feel frustrated and confused when the God of the Universe is looking out for me? I am confident that He will never give me more than I can handle... it's a promise! In my human frailty I forget the strength that is promised to be given to me in my weakness. With the faith of a mustard seed I can tell a mountain to move, and it will. That's POWER!


There is a music group called Need to Breathe. They have a popular song out now called Washed by the Water. The chorus reminds how God is there to turn ugly situations into blessings:

Even when the rain falls
even when the flood starts risin'
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the Water.

What a blessing it is to remember that what the enemy means for evil my God turns to blessing. I am in awe.


I feel that the past week has been that of a complaining spirit. NO MORE! God is great and greatly to be praised in great times and in chaotic confusing times. He is my strength, my shelter, my strong tower. I will run to Him, hide in His protection, and give Him all glory and praise for bringing me through whatever is going on in my life. It is only by His Word that I see another morning. I want to live my life to praise Him in calm and in storm.

No comments: