Friday, August 8, 2008

GO USA


Today is the day we've been waiting for for sometime. It is the beginning of the Summer Olympics held in Beijing. The last time we had a summer Olympics our oldest was just an infant. How I remember that. I was able to watch some during the day while he slept. Now he'll be old enough to watch too and maybe dream big dreams of being a star athlete... doesn't almost every little boy?

This is the only time in our household I wish that we had more than one tv. I could watch the games for hours on end. There is not sport that I don't love to watch, with maybe the exception of boxing. There is nothing like the competition of hard working athletes and the cinderella stories of so many who back in their own countries are poor or have some amazing story of adversity. I love it! GO WORLD!




On a different note, last night we had dinner with the couple who are leaving in a few days to start a new adventure. We had a great time of fellowship and discussion before Mike, Shannon, and the girls go off to start their new adventure at a large university on the other side of the state. What is a Hokie anyway?






Lastly, today our big Monkey, who should be nicknamed Tadpole instead of Monkey for all of the swimming he does(you'd think he had gills) got his haircut on the back stoop. I'm always amazed at how grown he looks after a buzz cut. Here are a few photos to document an inexpensive buzz cut on the back stoop. It's the 3rd one we've given him. I love to rub on it after it's been cut - just like I used to do to my dad after he got his hair cut.






Happy Weekend! Enjoy the Games.

No comments: