Saturday, August 30, 2008

My luggage found me.

It's clear that school has started for me. I haven't had the energy to post in a few days, trying to get back into the routine of waking up before the sun, having quiet time, getting showered and ready and heading off to school to start my first job. It's funny that the only time I notice the bags under my eyes is when I'm in school. My eyes looked fresh and young up until Thursday morning when I woke up and found an extra set of luggage right there above my cheekbones. I don't even know how they got there. Apparently I had lost my luggage for the summer, which in this case is not a bad thing at all.

The first week is now over and the family is looking forward to a long weekend. We already have plans to go to the pool for one last summer day. Monkey has been begging to go every day this week. It just hasn't happened with trying to ready my classroom for Tuesday, and Jeremy's work schedule. So this will be a wet weekend, going to the pool, having fun, and spending those last few carefree days off making summer memories that will hopefully hold us until May.

From here May seems like a lifetime away. I know that it will be here before you know it, but for one who adores summer.... one who can't get enough of it... the days will pass with anticipation until April's spring days blossom into the longer, warmer, lazy days of summer. (I know that May doesn't really count a summer month, but when you're a teacher - it's close enough!)

Okay enough blogging - I need to go mow the lawn. That's one thing I'm actually looking forward to... not having to mow. Here's to a cool winter!

No comments: